Mission: The Department of Health Promotion and Wellness collaborates with our campus and community partners to provide student experiences that lead to holistic life-long well-being.
Vision: The Mississippi State University Department of Health Promotion and Wellness aspires to be a nationally recognized higher education program, where all students are achieving life-long well-being.
Motto: Be Well Bulldogs: Do Well. Live Well. Stay Well.
- Health Equity
- Social Justice & Inclusion
- Health Literacy
- Community Engagement
- Research and assessment, both qualitative & quantitative, guide our services and practice.
- Wellness is holistic and comprised of eight connected dimensions of well-being.
- Wellness is a journey, not a destination, formed by individuals, life experiences, and identities.
- Everyone a part of the MSU community plays a role in cultivating a culture of well-being.
- Social justice and inclusion integrated into our services, programs, and workshops can lead to health equity.
- Partnerships and collaboration are essential in creating a healthy campus.
- Access to health and wellness resources is integral to personal success and well-being.
- Health & wellness directly impacts the retention rate and return on investment.